Thursday, September 13, 2012

DIY Perfume/Nail Polish Display!

Cornelius and I each have a room just to ourselves - though either of us are allowed to go in the other's - and I recently decided that I wanted to redecorate mine!  I started by making this sparkly little cake stand that I use as a display for my nail polish and perfume.  It was really easy, and you can use it in a number of different ways - as a cake stand, a candle holder, jewelry display, etc.!  So, if you would like to know how to make it, keep on reading!

Materials

  • Glass Candlestick
  • Glass Plate
  • Glass Glue
  • Mod Podge
  • Brush
  • Glitter in your choice of color

Directions

Use the glass glue to attach the candlestick to the center of your plate, and let sit for 24 hours.  Then, cover the bottom of the plate with Mod Podge.  Sprinkle glitter liberally all over the Mod Podge.  If you want, repeat this step, adding another coat of glitter.  Finish it all up by adding a final coat of Mod Podge, sealing in the glitter so it doesn't shed all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment