Wednesday, September 12, 2012

40 Question Makeup Tag!


I wish I remembered where I found this 40 Question Makeup Tag, but unfortunately, I don't.  I have, however, seen it on several blogs, and decided that it sounded like fun, and I wanted to do it myself!  As you may have guessed, it is a tag post that consists of 40 makeup and beauty questions.  Yes, it's long, but a lot of fun!  If you do this tag, please let me know by leaving your post in the comment section below!  If you would like to read my answers, keep on reading!

Skincare
  1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
    Twice a day most of the time (when I get up and before I go to sleep), and then I'll use a cleanser whenever I'm in the shower.
  2. What is your skin type?
    I have incredibly dry skin!  There's not enough moisturizer in my entire house to keep it happy!
  3. What is your current facial wash?
    I use the Clinique cleansing bar morning and night, then the Clean & Clear Morning Burst (the yellow one) when I'm in the shower.
  4. Do you exfoliate?
    Not usually, but I should.  It would certainly help get rid of my dead, dry skin!
  5. What brand do you use?
    n/a :c
  6. What moisturizer do you use?
    I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Moisturizer - it's amazing!
  7. Do you have freckles?
    I'm indoors so much that I don't have them show up anymore, but when I was younger, I would have them just about all summer!
  8. Do you use eye cream?
    Yes, I use an eye cream from L'Oreal, but it's not my favorite...
  9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
    My dry skin warded off any acne, which I definitely appreciated!  That, and I was in swimming, which dried up my skin even more!
  10. Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
    No, in fact, I think I was told to stay away from it on account of my - let's say it together - dry skin.

    Makeup
  11. What foundation do you use?
    Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Cream Ivory - I love that stuff!
  12. How about concealer?
    I use the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Ivory.  It covers up my under eye circles so well, and it's from the drugstore!
  13. Do you know your undertone color?
    Yellow!  I have very yellow undertones, and I'm very fair, giving me what one of my good friends calls a "porcelain complexion"!
  14. What do you think of fake eyelashes?
    I love them!  They are so much fun to wear, but can be such a pain to put on.  I need more practice!
  15. What brand of mascara do you use?
    I'm currently using the Maybelline Falsies mascara, but my favorite has been L'Oreal's Voluminous False Lashes.  Every time I see it, I think about picking a new one up since mine ran out!
  16. Sephora or MAC?
    Sephora - it has a lot more brands available, and I would cry if I had to go without my YSL lipsticks!
  17. Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
    Nope!
  18. What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
    My favorites are my 222 and 239 brushes from MAC and my fingers!
  19. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
    Yes, of course!  I love using primers!  I have been reaching for the Maybelline color tattoo cream eyeshadows a lot lately, which function very similarly, though.
  20. For face?
    When I have it, I love using it to smooth out my dry skin!  I just ran out of my Too Faced Primed and Poreless a while ago, but I'm planning on getting Laura Mercier's Hydrating Face Primer!
  21. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
    Hmm, that's tricky!  I've been loving Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk, and I have loved MAC's Retrospeck for the longest time!
  22. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
    I almost always use pencil eyeliner, and every once in a while when I really feel like bumping up my makeup, I'll use a liquid eyeliner
  23. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
    I don't think I have - I'm pretty careful around my eye area!
  24. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
    Would you believe I've never used them?  Though, I fight with my Makeup Forever HD Powder so often, I think we wouldn't really get along.
  25. Do you use mineral makeup?
    Not incredibly often...if ever...I'm not sure.
  26. What is your favorite lipstick?
    Any from YSL!  My current favorite is Luscious Pink!
  27. How about lipgloss?
    Hmm, that's a tough one.  Maybe Too Faced's Barely Legal?  or MAC's Internationalist - the MAC lipglosses are kind of sticky, though.
  28. What is your favorite blush to use?
    L'Oreal True Match Blush in Rosy Outlook!  It's so easy to blend and build!
  29. Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
    No, the closest I get is to purchase online at Sephora or MAC
  30. Do you like drugstore makeup?
    Yes, of course I do!  It's cheap, easily accessible, perfect for emergencies!
  31. Do you go to CCO's (Cosmetic Company Outlets)
    Whenever I see one I will, but I don't go out of my way to go.
  32. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
    No, I think of it more as a hobby and just for fun!
  33. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
    Sometimes I am, but if I know I'm leaving the house, I'm really rather careful.
  34. Name a makeup crime that you hate?
    I think it would have to be when people accidentally hit their eyelids with their mascara, and don't fix it...
  35. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
    I like the colors that are can still be seen as neutral - purples with a lot of brown tones, deep reds that still look natural, etc.
  36. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
    Although I haven't decided if I like her and her music, I do like Taylor Swift's style - her catlike eyes are absolutely beautiful!
  37. If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
    Chapstick.  I'm totally fine with leaving the house without wearing makeup, but if my lips are chapped, it will drive me crazy all day!
  38. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup?
    Ha, yes!  I do that all the time!  Especially when I don't have to go to work.
  39. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
    Yes, I think everyone should feel like that!  I think makeup is really just for fun, like any kind of art.  It's just that you get to play with it on your face!
  40. What do you think of makeup?
    It's like any other kind of art - making jewelry, sewing, pottery, etc., but it's something you wear on your face!  It's all for fun, and if you use it as a mask, or because you think you need it to look nice, you need to realize that you are beautiful just the way you are - inside and out!
Image used is from here

1 comment:

  1. I just did this tag... I will post it tomorrow k! :) It will be on my blog http://foxxybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete