Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stress Relief by Water!

This summer, one of my favorite things to do when I've been stressed or upset has been to go down to the lake near our house, and just stick my feet into the cool, clear water.  For some reason, just feeling the water on my feet and hearing the water hit the dock calms me down so quickly!  It seems that as long as there is water touching my body, I feel a lot better.  That means, even activities like going and swimming at a pool, taking a shower, even just taking the time to wash my feet before bed is an instant mood-booster!

This little trick has helped me for as long as I can remember.  Even back when I was in middle school and high school (as a child, I put a lot of stress on myself!)!  I suppose it's a little bit like meditation, where you just stop and take a moment to breathe, and look around you at all the marvelous creations.  Sometimes we just need to stop and look at all the wonderful things in life, and stop focusing on whatever is bothering you at the time.  And yes, for me, all of this can be done through water!

What do you do to make yourself feel better when you're stressed?

Image is from here

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree with you more! My way to make myself feel better when I'm stressed/upset is to sleep. Letting myself take a nap and take a break from my hectic life definitely calms me down :) Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete