Friday, August 3, 2012

Fishtail Braids!

I love wearing my hair in a braid during these hot, summer months for so many reasons!  It keeps my hair out of my face while still looking nice and put-together while remaining fairly casual at the same time.  I especially love putting my hair in a fishtail braid (or herringbone, or fishbone if you prefer), since it takes so little time, and makes for a really cool looking braid.  Plus, how can you not feel like a mermaid while wearing it?  Whenever I wear it, I feel like I'm playing dress-up in my head, but nobody around me notices, so I don't look too odd!  If you'd like to know how to make this beautiful braid, just head on over to A Beautiful Mess, and check out their How to Style a Fishtail Braid post!  It's a fabulous post - very clear and easy to understand, plus gives you a couple fun ideas on how to add a little color to the braid!

How do you like to style your hair in the summer?

Image is from here

1 comment:

  1. I would love to be able to put my hair in a fishtail braid but it's just not long enough! I really do think it is a lovely style :) xx

    thoughtsfromanothergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete