Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Outfit of the Day: It's All Greek to Me!

Today, I decided that I'd share a quick Outfit of the Day with you.  Because I work in a job where it doesn't make sense to wear fun things like dresses, I don't typically get very dressed up until after I get done working.

However, I will occasionally play around with my hair and makeup in the morning, which was where the inspiration for this outfit came from.  This morning, I did my hair in a fun, side braid, then wove a string of pearls through it, which you can see better in the photo below.  

I thought that it looked a lot how a greek goddess would wear her hair, so when I got home, I immediately put on this beautiful lace strapless dress from Gina Tricot.  I purchased it a couple years ago when I was living in Oslo, Norway, so I doubt that it is still available, but I'm sure you can find something similar, especially since lace has been so popular this spring/summer!

I paired the dress with these fun, gold strappy sandals that I've had since I was in high school (probably SIX years ago!), so I don't remember where I purchased them, but again, there are so many other fun styles available now!  The only jewelry I wore were three thin, gold bangles from Forever 21, and some pretty, crystal earrings that were also from Forever 21.  I like to keep my jewelry fairly minimal, especially considering I put the pearls in my hair!  Oh, speaking of which, I've no idea where the pearls came from, though I'm quite certain that my mother gave them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment