Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Glitter Keys

I've seen a lot of these glitter keys on online, and thought I'd put my own spin on them!  These keys make a lot of sense, because you can use different glitter colors to distinguish between the different keys, all while giving these plain keys a fun little makeover.  I decided to use a clear nail polish as the 'glue' to hold the glitter on, so that if I needed to, I could just use nail polish remover to get the keys back to their former state.




Materials

  • Fine milled glitter in your favorite color
  • A key
  • Clear nail polish
  • Scotch tape
Instructions
  • Place tape on the key so that just the head is sticking out.
  • Paint the head of the key with clear nail polish, and while it is still tacky, coat it with the glitter of your choice
  • If desired, do another coat of this nail polish and glitter to make the glitter opaque.
  • Add a top coat of clear nail polish to seal in the glitter.
  • Wait for it to dry, and then all you have to do is take the tape off, and you have a fancy new key!

No comments:

Post a Comment