Friday, May 25, 2012

Revlon Nail Art French Mix

Well, I'm sad to say that this is my first not so excited review.  I purchased this Revlon Nail Art French Mix in 'Over the Moon' (The pink/turquoise one in the second column) polish the other day, and thought I'd try it out.  It is basically a double-sided nail polish with colors that complement each other, and can be worn together.

I thought that it was a fun idea, especially since you wouldn't have to really think through what colors go together, and the colors that were chosen are kind of fun.  However, I was not impressed by the formula at all.  The glitter polish, which is included in just about every product, looks a little more like sand than actual glitter, and I just don't think it's a very pretty look.  I did, however, like the chrome-like turquoise color on the opposite end.  While it does leave a fair amount of streaks, it is very opaque within two coats, and is a fun, bright, vibrant color.  I may end up using this on its own every once in a while, though it is very similar to Essie's Trophy Wife, which I do own and love.

On the bright side, the polish does dry very quickly, which is something that is definitely important to me.  I'm always messing up my manicures thanks to over-excitement.  I don't know that the polish would be worth it to me, though, considering the wait time is the best thing I can say about it.  The colors are easily duplicated, and I think you can find a better product elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment