bird's nest ring tutorial and a twig companion ring tutorial, so I thought I'd add to the little collection, and bring you a little bird's nest pendant, as well! It uses a lot of the same techniques as the bird's nest ring, and could possibly be even easier to make than the ring!
All you'll need is some 22 guage wire, a 6mm round faceted bead, a wire cutter, and a roundnose pliers!
This necklace was made with a little Swarovski crystal bead from Ultimate Crystals, Craft Designer Copper Wire, and the chain was from Jewelry Basics.
- Slip the bead onto a length of wire (about the length from your elbow to your fingertips
- Take one end of the wire, and begin wrapping it around the bead in a spiral motion, forming the nest.
- With the other end, continue wrapping around the bead, giving more dimension to the nest, but wrap in the opposite direction.
- To form a jump ring use a small piece of wire, and wrap it around the wide end of a roundnose pliers twice. You could use a ready-made jump ring, but to ensure the colors match, I recommend making one.
- To finish the jump ring, cut the ends, and use your pliers to smooth the ends down.
- Finally, on a loose strand of the nest, attach the jump ring you made in the same manner you would if you were attaching a key ring. You may have to loosen the nest a bit for this step.
- Just slip the charm onto a length of chain, and your bird's nest necklace is complete!
What in nature inspires you?