Monday, January 30, 2012

Staying Active


I'm currently living in a smaller town, and have sometimes found it difficult to keep myself entertained.  So, I'm going to try and keep track of what I've done before.  That way, if I find myself bored in the future, which is inevitable, I will have some guidance on what I can do.

I've found that one of the best ways to keep myself entertained is by playing a sport, or doing a physical activity, especially if you can get a friend to do it with you.  While there aren't a lot of outdoor options in northern Minnesota right now, due to the odd snow conditions, there are a few indoor activities still available.  

For example, every Monday night, there are a few people that get together at one of the churches in town to play volleyball.  While I must admit that I don't always care for volleyball, the people that go are around my age, and all very fun to talk to.  No one is particularly competitive, either, which is nice for those of us that lack certain skills like depth perception and coordination in general.

There are plenty of other indoor activities as well, like swimming, basketball, even ice skating or hockey if you live in a location where the lakes aren't frozen.  As for those of you that live in warmer climates, and don't have to worry about the weather as much, you're lucky and you have even more options!  You can go rollerblading or biking, and even try your hand at geocaching if you're up for a little scavenger hunt.  

Geocaching is a fun outdoor activity that my mother and my aunt actually introduced me to, and if you would like to hear more about that, let me know and I'll write a post about it.

What do you like to do to keep busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment