Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Mani: Born to Be Wild!

I have to admit right away that I don't watch Pretty Little Liars.  I'm not even sure if I've seen it, so I don't know whether I'd like it or not, but I did happen to come across another blogger's Pretty Little Liars Inspired Manicure a while back, so when I knew we were going to go pick up Cricket, I just had to do my nails in a similar manner!

If you're like me, and don't want Pretty Little Liars, apparently there is a character named Hanna, and she had a pretty sweet manicure in one of their past episodes, which you can see in the picture above.  It looks incredible - a mix of bright red and leopard print nails, and it's not actually that hard to do!

I've seen a lot of people do this manicure already, but most of them alternate between the leopard and red, every other nail.  However, if you look at the picture a little more closely, her nails are not alternating.  Since this is a little more wild of a manicure, I thought I would try to do mine a little more randomly, as well.  What I ended up doing was using OPI's Big Hair, Big Nails on the ring finger, middle finger, and thumb of my left hand, and the middle finger and pinky of my right hand.  On the remaining fingers, I used Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Kitty, Kitty.  They worked so well, I couldn't believe it!  I've used the Kiss Nail Dress stickers in the past, but I don't think I'll be going back to them after using these!

Have you used polish strips before?  What is your favorite?

Image is from here

No comments:

Post a Comment