Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Defog Your Bathroom Mirror!


I love taking hot showers, and as a result, my mirror is always really foggy when I get out!  So, I thought I'd share with you how I get rid of that fog quickly and easily so that I can finish getting ready!  When I was getting ready to write this post, I found out that there are a ton of different ways you can defog or prevent fog from forming on your mirrors, but I still favor this method over those.  If you want to find out what my little secret is, keep on reading!

I've heard that you can use car wax, shaving cream, toothpaste, and soap to coat your mirror and prevent this fog from happening, but what I like best is to use the same method used in defrosting your car in the wintertime!  When you get into your car in the winter, you immediately go to turn on the heat, am I right?  That makes the inside of the car really warm, while the outside air is still cold, creating the frost on your windows.

I figured that the same phenomenon was at work in my bathroom (though after my reading, I'm not so sure that's true!), that my mirror was still cold because of the material it's made of, while the rest of the bathroom was warm.  So, where a car has a defrost switch, I decided that my bathroom has a hair dryer!  All I do is turn it on high, and aim is straight at the mirror until I can see myself clearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment