Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

Last night, I went with one of my younger cousins to the new Madagascar movie, Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted.  Now, this may be because I'm used to going to movies like Alvin and the Chipmunks, Kung Fu Panda, etc. with her, but I didn't really have any high expectations for this particular movie.  However, I was pleasantly surprised.  

I thought the movie was actually really cute, and I liked that I didn't notice a lot of tasteless jokes that seem to be cropping up in children's movies lately.  

The movie follows Alex, Marty, Gloria, and Melman as they try and get back to their home, the Central Park Zoo in New York City.  After making a pit stop in Monte Carlo, to pick up some of their friends, the penguins and chimps, the group catches the attention of a skilled animal control officer, Captain Chantel DuBois.

They escape DuBois by running away with a European circus, where they meet some new friends, a Sea Lion named Stefano, a Tiger named Vitally, and a beautiful Jaguar named Gia.  I don't want to spoil the rest for those of you interested in seeing it, or taking your children to see it, but I will leave you with one of my favorite scenes.  


Can you tell I'm easily entertained?

No comments:

Post a Comment