Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Flowers & Pearls Hair Tie

I love wearing flowers in my hair, whether it's a headband, barrette, etc.  So, it seems only natural that I would end up making a couple hair accessories as part of my Flowers & Pearls collection!  I decided to share two of these accessory patterns with you today, but I still can't decide which one I like better.  I love the hairtie for a relaxing day at the beach, or going shopping with some friends, but I love the headband for a date night or a casual day on the town.  If you're like me, and can't make up your mind, either, that's okay!  Just make both!  They're very quick to make up, and very fun to do.

Materials

  • Less than 1 sk Caron Simply Soft in Plum Wine
  • Size H Crochet Hook
  • Yarn Needle
  • Hair tie (I prefer black)
Flower
Ch 2.
Round 1: 5sc in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st to 1st sc.  Ch 1.
Round 2-3: 2 sc in each sc around, join with sl st to first sc.  Ch 1.
Round 4: Working all sts tfl, * ch2 (in addition to the ch from round 3), 1 tr in same sc, 2tr in each of next 2 sc, 1 tr in next sc, ch 3, sl st in same sc and sl st in next sc; rep from * 4 more times.
Round 5: Working all sts tbl of round 3, sl st 3, * ch 4, 1 dtr in same st, 2dtr in each of next 2 sts, 1 dtr in next st, ch 3, sl st in same st and in next st; rep from * 4 more times.  Fasten off.

Finishing
Weave in loose ends, and sew onto the hairtie.  You're all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment