Tuesday, July 3, 2012

American Dream Cocktail Recipe!

I've been searching the internet lately, looking for a fun, Fourth of July-esque cocktail, and I think I've finally found the perfect one!  Is this not the coolest-looking drink?  Those stars are actually made from fondant, and placed in the glass before the drink, and not just photoshopped in, like I thought the first time I saw it!  Below, I've included the recipe for this fantastic drink, which I found from About.com.  I hope you like it!

What You'll Need:
  • 1 oz PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
  • 1 oz black cherry rum
  • 1 1/2 oz POM Wonderful pomegranate cherry juice
  • 1/2 oz fresh sour
  • white fondant stars for garnish
  • blueberries for garnish
What to Do:
  • Cut miniature stars out of the fondant, and using water, wet the back of the stars, and press them to the inside of a cocktail glass.
  • Let the glass sit for 5 minutes
  • Fill a mixing glass with all the ingredients, then add ice to tin.
  • Shake well, and pour into the prepared cocktail glass.  
  • Garnish with blueberries on a pick.

What's your favorite 4th of July beverage?

No comments:

Post a Comment