Friday, May 4, 2012

Flowered Tea Caddy

I absolutely love drinking tea, so when I saw this Tea Toting Owl pattern by Wool Free and Lovin' Knit, I knew I had to put my own spin on it.  So, I came up with The Cabled Tea Caddy.  But, I've also been playing around a little with crochet lately, and decided I might as well try my hand at a little crocheted caddy, as well.

I absolutely love the little flower on the top flap of this little caddy, and I will certainly be carrying this around in my purse for when I need a little hot beverage!  This caddy will hold about 3 teabags.


Materials

  • Less than 1 skein Caron Simply Soft in Plum Perfect
  • Size H crochet hook
  • Yarn sewing needle
  • Sew-On Snap Fasteners

Instructions
Caddy
Ch 14.
Row 1: dc in ch 2nd from hook, dc 11, ch 2.
Row 2: dc in each dc (12dc), ch 2.
Repeat row 2 5 times, then move on to row 3.
Row 3: dc in each dc (12dc), ch 12, join round with sl st.
Round 4: ch 2, dc in each dc (12dc), dc in each ch (12dc), join round with sl st.
Repeat round 4 9 times, then fasten off, leaving a 12" tail.  Sew bottom of caddy together.

Flower

Ch 4, and join with sl st to form ring.
Row 1: ch6, (dc into ring, ch3) 4 times, join with sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch6.
Row 2: sl st into first petal, (sc, hdc, 3dc, hdc, sc) into each petal, join with sl st to first sc.
Fasten off, weave in ends.


Finishing
Sew the bottom of the caddy shut, then sew flower on to top flap of caddy.  Finally, sew on a snap-fastener to keep it closed, and that's it!  You have a beautiful little caddy for your teabags!

No comments:

Post a Comment