Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bird's Nest Chandelier Earrings

Did you think I was done with my bird's nest series?  I admit that I did!  But apparently not.  While lying in bed one morning, I came up with the idea to try my hand at some chandelier earrings, and this is what I came up with!  I think they're absolutely adorable, and while they are a little more difficult than my other jewelry pieces, they're definitely worth making!






Materials

  • 2 6mm round faceted beads
  • 22 guage wire
  • Needlenose pliers
  • Wire cutters
  • 6 jump rings
  • 2 earring hooks


Instructions

  • Begin by making the tier with the bird's nest center by sliding one of the beads to the center of a length of wire (a few inches in length) then wrap the ends of the wire around the bead until the nest is the desired size.
  • Bring the free ends up above the nest, and twist the ends together, forming a teardrop shape.  Then, fold each end down on the opposite end of wire, twisting around it creating a spiral shape.
  • Form a larger teardrop with another length of wire, and form the top in a similar manner, but don't bring the spiral down as far.  
  • Attach each of the teardrops to a jump ring, then attach these two jump rings and an earring hook to another jump ring, thereby attaching the tiers and hook together.
  • Repeat the process to create the second earring!

No comments:

Post a Comment