Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Favorite Winter Treat!


You guys are going to think I am so weird, but one of my absolute favorite winter treats is ice cream!  This is even weirder when you take into account that I am from northern Minnesota, where it snows quite a bit.  Of course, the ice cream of choice for this season is a little more festive, in that I absolutely love candy cane ice cream.  I haven't been able to find it yet this year, though I did find a recipe to make it that I'm definitely going to try!


Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
  • 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 7 peppermint candy canes, crushed
Directions
  • Put the cream and condensed milk in a large bowl and whisk until blended
  • Add in the candy canes and stir until just mixed through
  • Transfer to a tupperware container for freezing
  • After an hour, remove from freezer and stir, making sure the candy cane bits don't stick the the bottom
  • Repeat the last step for a couple more hours, and let sit overnight, so you can enjoy it in the morning!


Image and recipe are from here

No comments:

Post a Comment