Yesterday I tweeted this picture of the chicken kebabs we were having for dinner, and I thought I'd share the recipe!
I've been loving the low-calorie meal recipes from Real Simple, and this is another one of them! The kebabs were really yummy, with just a little bit of sweetness to them, and they were really easy to just throw on the grill. I know grilling season is pretty much over, but we still thought it was okay to give the old girl one more go before winter hits! As for the chickpea salad, it turns out that neither Cornelius nor I are big fans of chickpeas, but that can be replaced by any number of salads!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
In a shallow baking dish, combine the yogurt, garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Thread chicken onto 8 skewers and set them in the yogurt marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes or overnight.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onion, celery, parsley, oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on a well-oiled grill or grill pan, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Divide the chickpea salad among plates and serve with the chicken.
Recipe is from here