Thursday, April 5, 2012

Anita Sweaterdress


Well, I've done it!  I've written my first sweater pattern, and have named it Anita.  It is a burgundy sweaterdress that has a cabled belt worked into the front, and also ties in a bow at the back.   I think it is gorgeous, and I can't wait for fall just so I can wear it!

I absolutely love sweaterdresses, which you already know if you follow my Sweater a Month Series, and I definitely plan to write more sweaterdress patterns in the next few months as part of this same series.

If you haven't heard about my Sweater a Month series, it started out as a challenge to myself to knit a sweater a month.  But, that didn't sound quite fun enough,nor would it hold me accountable for actually reaching this goal.  So, I came up with the idea that I wanted to invite anyone who happened to come across this series to take this challenge along with me. 

So, if you would like to embark upon this journey with me, take up whatever craft you want, and make a cool garment!  The only catch is that if you make something you're really proud of, I'd like you to let me know by sharing a link to a picture of the garment you've created!

As for now, please enjoy my May Sweaterdress Pattern: Anita Sweaterdress

Have you made any fun garments or updated old ones?

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, so pretty! Once I am done with my current project I will have to make this. And I love Caron Simply Soft, so nice and still affordable. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I absolutely love how soft Caron Simply Soft is! It's pretty much the only yarn I use! :)

      Delete
  2. hallo Annabel,
    so pretty..but what does incl means on your pattern.
    row 3. p1, incl, k2, incl, p1, incl, k2, p2, k2, incl, p1, incl, k2, incl, p1..???
    pls help me
    ty and God bless..
    Leo

    ReplyDelete