Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Girl in 14G by Kristin Chenoweth


I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, but a couple of weeks ago, I decided to add a 'Kristin Chenoweth' station to Pandora.  I liked it fine, but then I heard a song of hers that I hadn't before: Taylor the Latte Boy.  I was obsessed.  She has an amazing voice, but then this song was really funny, too!  I'm usually the type of person that will listen more to the melody of a song than the actual lyrics, so the fact this song got me to listen to what she was saying was a pretty big deal.

This inspired a bit of research on my part, to see if she had any other songs I had skipped over with those same qualities.  That was how I found a song that I liked even more than Taylor the Latte Boy.  The song is called 'The Girl in 14G', and it is absolutely incredible.

Not only does it tell the story of a young girl that has just moved to New York City in a humorous manner, it also showcases how talented Kristin Chenoweth is.  I don't want to give away much more than that, but instead I urge you to check out the video below and both listen and see for yourself.  I hope you like it just as much as I do, and if you know of any other songs with comparable qualities, please let me know by leaving a comment below!




What song have you had on repeat?

No comments:

Post a Comment